Packed with protein to fuel my kiddos through sports, playing in the yard, and homework.
"Peanut Butter and Jelly" Smoothie
(makes about 6 cups)
- 2 cups non-dairy or dairy milk (our favorite for smoothies is vanilla hemp or almond milk)
- 2 cups whole milk kefir (we like these ones from Lifeway)
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I use almond butter)
- 2 cups frozen organic mixed berries
- optional - you can add maple syrup, honey or a few pitted dates for sweetness, though this probably won't be necessary
Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. My kids like their smoothies thick, but you may add water if you want to thin the smoothie out. Store any leftovers in the fridge and give them a shake or whisk before serving if the smoothie separates.